One month down of super tightening of finances and my budgeting and – drum roll – our Visa bill this month was HALF. Less than half if you discount A’s volleyball registrations this month. Whew!
Which begs the question, what on earth was I spending money on before?
Of course I HAVE been living off PB+J’s for lunch for an entire month… OH, wait – groceries! – THAT’S what we’ve been missing!
- fewer (but, yes, still many) trips to Starbucks
- bigger weekly grocery trips rather than daily smaller ones
- less eating out
- eating up some of the stock around the house that’s been in cupboards for-ev-er!
- no new shoes or boots *sigh*
- no Toys R Us! actually, no malls in general!
- less driving (it’s been “off season” for the girls sports for a month)
I’m takin’ those holidays if I have to eat PB+J for an entire year, man.
Maybe I’ll just mix it up with PB+B once in awhile…
(PB + Banana)